While there has been a lot of fintech innovation in small business lending, it has mostly been focused on loans of $500,000 or less. When it comes to loans of $1 million to $50 million there has been less innovation and it is still very much a manual, relationship-based process. But that is changing.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One podcast is Blair Silverberg, the CEO and founder of Hum Capital. He looked at that market and realized a data-driven process could vastly improve efficiency so he has created a platform that intelligently pairs growth companies with investors and lenders. He calls Hum the world's only intelligent capital market.
In this podcast you will learn:
- How Blair started his entrepreneurial journey at the age of six.
- The short term and long term opportunity that Blair saw that led to Hum Capital.
- Examples of how their platform works.
- Why they are focused purely on quantitative data.
- How they meet the demands of different types of investors.
- Why they are focused on private debt over equity.
- The range and average loan sizes
- How they have challenged the relationship-based approach to mid-market lending.
- The compelling pitch they make to businesses seeking capital.
- What types of data they are working with.
- The two simple calculations they use to help businesses compare lending products.
- How they have removed bias from the lending process.
- How Blair feels about the impact of the changing macroeconomic environment.
- The different risk appetites of their investors.
- His vision for the future of Hum Capital.
Connect with Blair on LinkedIn
Connect with Blair on Twitter
Connect with Hum Capital on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: