We are revisiting the venture capital space today because we are at such an interesting inflection point. Some VC firms took a very cautious approach amid the tumultuous market of 2022 but things might be turning around albeit slowly.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One podcast is Clara Sieg, a partner at Revolution, the venture capital firm started by AOL founder Steve Case. Clara has been investing in fintech for many years and has an interesting take on the space today.
In this podcast you will learn:
- The origins of Revolution Ventures.
- What attracted Clara to come on board at Revolution.
- Why they actively look to invest outside of the hot tech locations.
- How the geographic shift over the last three years has changed venture capital.
- How Revolution navigated the lofty valuations of 2021 and early 2022.
- Why they didn't do a single deal in 2022.
- The range of check sizes they are doing.
- Why they decided to invest in Sila and Paro.
- The different segments within fintech they are most interested in.
- Clara's perspective on the lack of capital flowing to women-led companies.
- Why she thinks this year will lead to more consolidation in fintech.
- Their expectation to do more deals in 2023.
Connect with Clara on LinkedIn
Connect with Revolution on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: