Since the start of the pandemic there has been a surge of new fintech companies coming to market from a number of different niches. Most of these fintech companies need access to the banking system in some way and they need help in figuring out which banks to partner with and how to structure these partnerships.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One podcast is Peter Hazlehurst, the CEO and co-founder of Synctera. They have placed themselves at the center of the fintech ecosystem, helping fintechs build, launch and scale new financial products. They work with a number of banks and have quickly become one of the leading banking-as-a-service platform in the industry.
In this podcast you will learn:
- What it was like growing up with a famous aunt in Australia.
- The groundbreaking work Peter did at Google and Uber.
- The founding story of Synctera and the opportunity Peter saw.
- The number of banks they have on their platform.
- The kinds of use cases that Synctera is built for.
- Some of the more edge cases that Synctera has helped bring to market.
- How their APIs work for these edge cases.
- How they work with non-fintech companies.
- How they help their clients navigate any regulatory uncertainty.
- What capabilities a bank needs to be part of their marketplace.
- Peter's view of the competitive landscape for banking-as-a-service.
- How they are able to help fintechs as they scale.
- Peter's advice for fintech founders navigating today's environment.
- What they are seeing when it comes to demand for lending products.
- Peter's vision for the future of banking-as-a-service.
Connect with Peter on LinkedIn
Connect with Synctera on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: