Investing in fintech companies is never dull. The last three-plus years have seen every type of investing environment there is. Are we edging toward a new normal? Probably not yet but investment demand could start to pick up within the next nine months.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One Podcast is Mark Fiorentino, a partner at Index Ventures. One thing that is really interesting about Mark is that he comes to venture investing from the operating side of fintech. And not just any fintech, he spent many years at Stripe. I interviewed Mark at Fintech Nexus USA in New York City last month.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Why he decided to make the jump from Stripe to venture capital.
- What specifically attracted him to Index Ventures.
- His investment thesis.
- How he has navigated the downturn in fintech the past year.
- What is different now in fintech than 2019.
- Why he likes investing in Latin America.
- The advice Mark has for his portfolio companies in navigating this challenging time.
- The areas of fintech that he is most bullish on.
- How active they have been as an investor this year.
- Why demand for equity from fintech founders is still down.
- Why there will be a boom in fintech M&A.
- How VCs are being more collaborative today.
- How they are building their network in Latin America.
- Why he believes in the future of AI.
- His thoughts on the funding environment for the next 18 months.
Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
Connect with Index Ventures on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: