It wasn't that long ago that robo-advice was this exciting new industry that was going to bring automated investing to the masses. Today, much of that initial promise has been realized and all the major investment firms have this as part of their offerings. But there is much more work needed to be done here.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One podcast is Sarah Levy, the CEO of Betterment. Betterment was one of the pioneers in the space and it is interesting to see how they have evolved since launching 13 years ago. As you will find out, it is about far more than consumer robo-advice today.
In this podcast you will learn:
- What prompted Sarah to move into fintech from the media business.
- What attracted her to Betterment specifically.
- The different business lines they have today.
- How the narrative has changed since their early days.
- Details of their Cash Reserve account that pays 5.25%.
- How the banking crisis in March impacted their business.
- Their typical customer and target demographic.
- Why Sarah championed their business-to-business offerings.
- The four different marketing channels they focus on.
- What their customers value most when it comes to investment choices.
- Why they decided to add crypto to their offerings.
- Sarah's views on the lack of women-run fintech companies.
- What we can do to create changes at the top.
- The diversity programs they have inside Betterment.
- Her vision for the future of Betterment.
Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn
Connect with Betterment on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: