Fintech One-on-One: Vikram Anreddy of Shopify
July 29, 2023
When it comes to running an e-commerce store there is no bigger name than Shopify. They have been helping entrepreneurs run all aspects of their e-commerce business for well over a decade. And in recent years they have quietly built up an impressive suite of financial products.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One Podcast is Vikram Anreddy. He is the Head of Product for Financial Services at Shopify. With Shopify Credit launching just this week the company now has all the major components of a typical bank or fintech: bank account, bill pay, installment loans and credit cards. We delve into each of these products and more in this interview.
In this podcast you will learn:
- What attracted Vikram to Shopify.
- How Shopify Capital works.
- The amazing growth they have seen at Shopify Capital.
- The unique data points they are able to use in underwriting.
- How Shopify Balance is different to a regular bank account.
- Why they attract brand new entrepreneurs with Balance.
- What they are doing with Shopify Bill Pay.
- The differentiators for their new Shopify Credit Card.
- How they are using the learnings from Shopify Capital for their credit card
- What having a full suite of financial products does for Shopify.
- How they think about expanding their financial products into international markets.
- Some of the fintech companies and products that inspire Vikram.
- The keys to a successful launch of a new product line.
- How they are bringing different products into a unified design.
- Their plans to add more products to their financial services offerings.
- What is exciting about the future of financial products at Shopify.
Connect with Vikram on LinkedIn
Connect with Shopify on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: