Fintech One-on-One: Stephany Kirkpatrick of Orum
August 07, 2023
All areas of fintech are changing fast. But it is in payments where the most groundbreaking changes are happening right now. After years of development, we finally saw the launch of FedNow last month (on time!) as this country begins its transition to instant payments in earnest.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One podcast is Stephany Orum, the CEO and Co-Founder of Orum. I wanted to get her back on the show (she was last on in 2021) to discuss FedNow and what it is going to mean for the payments landscape. Orum works with several banks that are part of FedNow and they provide an infrastructure layer for most payments rails.
In this podcast you will learn:
- How Stephany describes Orum today.
- How banks and fintechs should think about the various payments rails.
- An explanation of payments orchestration.
- Why FedNow is a game changer for faster payments.
- Some of the advantages of FedNow.
- Feedback from some of the participating banks operating in FedNow's first week.
- Why it is more important for banks to work on receiving first for FedNow.
- How the mindset is changing inside banks towards a real-time operation.
- What the Fed has learned from the experience of RTP.
- Why interoperability between instant payment rails is inevitable.
- The role of the other types of payment rails.
- How banks and fintechs can combat fraud in an instant payments world.
- What it will mean for the country when most payments are instant.
Connect with Stephany on LinkedIn
Connect with Orum on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: