It seems like every day there is a story coming out of Washington that can have a major impact on fintech. Whether it is the CFPB, OCC, SEC, the Fed or new legislation being proposed, fintech companies can be profoundly impacted by what happens in our nation’s capital. That is why it is important to have an independent trade association making our ideas and opinions known.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One podcast is Phil Goldfeder, the CEO of the American Fintech Council, a job he has held since March of this year. He is advocating for our industry every day, not just in Washington, but also in statehouses around the country.
In this podcast you will learn:
- What attracted Phil to the job at the American Fintech Council.
- What the AFC does exactly.
- The basic story that Phil tells legislators about fintech.
- The core issues that the AFC is working on in Washington.
- How they are engaged at the federal level on earned wage access.
- Why he wrote a recent op-ed in American Banker.
- Why fintech should not reflexively push back on new regulation.
- Details of the AFC Policy Summit in Washington DC in November.
- What needs to happen for fintech to have a seat at the table.
- Why Phil is optimistic that there can be change in Washington that is positive for fintech.
Connect with Phil on LinkedIn
Connect with American Fintech Council on LinkedIn
Connect with Fintech One-on-One: